- Teaching Assistant
- Part Time 31.65 hours per week
- Yerbury Primary School, 65B Foxham Rd, London, N19 4RR
- £17,020.78 - £18,431.33 per annum
- 24/05/2018 12:00
Salary Grade: Scale 4, Spine Points 18-21
Actual Salary: £17,020.78 - £18,431.33 per annum
Hours: Part Time 31.65 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8:50am-3:40pm
Contract: Term Time Only, Permanent
Required for September 2018
We are looking for an excellent, qualified teaching assistant, or graduate with an interest in working in primary education, who is keen to become part of our committed and happy team, and who has an enthusiasm for and commitment to child-centred learning. You should be confident and flexible in supporting children across the school, from SEN children in Reception to high ability children in Y6.
Experience: We’re looking for new team members who are competent in literacy and numeracy, have excellent communication skills and are experienced in working with children.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a record of excellent classroom practice and attendance.
- Be an energetic and creative person with a ‘can-do’ attitude who uses their own initiative.
- Set and achieve high standards in supporting teaching and learning, in developing the school environment and in whole school improvement.
- Have excellent communication skills and will work well as part of a team to make a positive school contribution.
- Be committed to continually reflect upon their practice and develop themselves further, in order to provide the best possible education for our children.
- Be committed to inclusion and ensuring that all children progress and achieve well.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children who are keen to learn.
- A team approach with supportive and friendly staff.
- Engaged parents and governors within a friendly community.
- An on-going commitment to learning for all.
- Opportunities to innovate, excel and develop.
If you are dynamic and creative, and truly passionate about children and education, then we would be really pleased to meet you. Visits to Yerbury Primary School are warmly encouraged, and can be organised by contacting the School Office on 020 7272 6580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday, Thursday 24 May 2018
Shortlisting: Thursday 24 May 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 6 June 2018
Yerbury School is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Our environment is diverse in character and in its student population and we aspire to reflect this diversity in our staff. We positively welcome applications from minority groups. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This is reflected in our rigorous approach to the recruitment and professional development of our staff. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Visits to Yerbury Primary School are warmly encouraged, and can be organised by contacting the School Office on 020 7272 6580 or email email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 5790