- Receptionist/Administrative Officer
- Local Government (NJC): Scale 4
- Permanent, AYR
- Full time: 35 hours per week 8am-6pm on a rota basis
- 101 Whitecross St, Golden Lane Estate, London
- £21,810 - £23,610
- 28/01/2018 23:59
Salary Grade: Scale 4, Spine points 18 - 21
Salary Range: £21,810 - £23,610
Contract: Full time, Permanent, AYR.
Hours: 35 hours per week 8am-6pm on a rota basis
Responsible to: Business Manager
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Administration Officer to provide general reception and administration support to Prior Weston Primary School and Children’s Centre.
Do you have:
- A warm, friendly and efficient approach?
- The enthusiasm to work with a diverse set of people in a very busy environment?
- The flexibility to work across functions, adapting your focus to meet the ever changing needs of the school and Children’s Centre?
- The ambition to deliver consistent high quality work and customer service?
- The adaptability to work on front desk, back office and/or with children at targeted times during each day.
- Good computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly?
At this time, we are looking for someone with reception/administration experience who enjoys meeting new people and can be the welcoming face of the campus.
- To provide reception duties for the school and Children’s Centre by being a welcoming first point of contact for all visitors and responding to their enquiries.
- To monitor access to the campus, ensuring visitors sign in and out and are aware of safeguarding, security and fire evacuation procedures.
- To answer the telephone and ensure accurate, timely messages are forwarded to staff by email.
- To use computer equipment to input and extract data such as pupil, finance and staff data using a variety of software.
In return we can offer you:
- A hands-on and supportive Senior Leadership Team (SLT) who actively work in partnership with the staff, children, parents and governors.
- A great location! Prior Weston is located opposite the mouth-watering Whitecross Street food market and is near Farringdon’s busy and diverse restaurants and bars.
If you need any assistance please email the Schools HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference PW/609.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 28th January 2018
Interviews: week beginning 5th February 2018
Prior Weston is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Prior Weston Primary School and Children’s Centre
Golden Lane Campus, 101 Whitecross Street,
Islington, London, EC1Y 8JA
(T) 020 7786 4800 (F) 020 7786 4801
Head Teacher: Andrew Boyes
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Visits to the school are highly encouraged. Please contact the school office on 020 7786 4800 to arrange your visit.
If you have problems applying, contact