- IT Systems Manager
- Local Government (NJC): S02
- Fixed Term
- 21.6 hours a week
- North London Business Park, Oakleigh Road S, New Southgate, London N11 1NP
- £32,628 - £37,293 per annum fully inclusive (pro rata)
- 18/07/2017 17:00
IT Systems Manager
0.6 FTE, 12 month fixed term contract, part time
£32,628 - £37,293 per annum fully inclusive (pro rata)
We are seeking a motivated and pro-active individual, with technical expertise, to be responsible for the implementation and management of the education service’s ICT systems (primarily Servelec / Synergy). This is a new position within a newly created Data Team, and we are seeking someone who can be creative and innovative to shape our systems and increase service efficiency.
In this role, you will be given the opportunity to:
• lead on the development of a service-wide ICT strategy
• contribute to organisational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning
• lead on the ICT technology infrastructures for the service
• evaluate user needs and system functionality to ensure that ICT facilities meet these needs
• ensure back-up systems operate effectively
• oversee installation of upgrades and new systems
• lead on data protection for the service
• deliver training and advice to colleagues at all levels across the service
To arrange an informal discussion about the post please contact Caylin Joski-Jethi, Data Services Manager, 020 8359 3844.
Closing date for applications: 18 July 2017 at 5.00 pm
CVs will not be accepted. Please ensure you complete an online application form to be considered for the post.
We value diversity.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact