- Local Government (NJC): S01
- fixed term contract for 4 terms
- 35 hours, full time
- Ashmount Primary School, 83 Crouch Hill, Islington London N8 9EG
- £25,900-£27,412 per annum
- 28/06/2018 12:00
Salary range: SO1 Points 29-31
(depending on experience)
Salary: £30,012-£31,764 per annum
Actual Salary: £25,900-£27,412 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract: Full time, Term time only
Initially as training cover for 4 terms
Required September 2018
This is an exciting leadership opportunity for a dynamic candidate to help drive our focus on high achievement and delivering excellence for all. You will be ambitious for the school, be able to build good relationships, and embrace the vibrancy and inclusiveness we value.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is enthusiastic, motivated and ready to make a difference
• Has a commitment to the promotion of high standards in teaching and learning
• Is passionate about enabling every child to fulfil his/her potential
• Has proven excellent classroom practice
• Recognises and values the diverse social and cultural needs of our children and community
Why Ashmount could be the school for you:
• A richly diverse school with a strong community ethos.
• A supportive governing body and a stable, enthusiastic and dedicated staff team.
• A ‘Good School’ that wants to be better.
• In a great location - situated in Crouch Hill Park in north Islington with excellent transport links.
If you believe you have the vision, drive, determination and enthusiasm to grasp the opportunities this role offers, we would love to hear from you.
• We are part of the Islington teacher training programme for HLTA’s
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact our School Business Manager, Mary McGreal, on (0207) 272 7145 to arrange a suitable date.
To apply for this post, please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/disciplines. If you require assistance, please email Schools’ HR on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number ASH/093.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Thursday 28th June 2018
Shortlisting: Friday 29th June 2018
Interview: Wednesday 4th July 2018
Ashmount Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact our School Business Manager, Mary McGreal, on (0207) 272 7145 to arrange a suitable date.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 020 7527 5495