- Early Years Support Worker
- Local Government (NJC): Scale 4
- 35 hours per week
- Copenhagen Primary School, Treaty St, London N1 0WF
- £18,822-£20,375 per annum
- 04/03/2018 23:59
Early Years Education Support Worker
Salary Grade: Scale 4 sp18-21
Actual Salary Range: Scale 4 £18,822-£20,375 per annum
35 hours per week, Term Time only
Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm
Required for April 2018
Copenhagen Primary School is a growing multi-cultural school in the heart of Kings Cross, a rapidly developing area of London. Our staff, governors and community all work together to achieve the very best for our children and families.
We are looking to appoint an Early Years Support Worker to work within our Nursery and Reception classes.
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
- Have a relevant childcare qualification i.e. NNEB, BTEC, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have good communication skills both orally and written
- Be able to engage and work in partnership with parents/carers
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom
In return we can offer you:
- Excellent professional development
- The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
- A supportive and challenging environment
- Pupils who are eager to learn and a credit to the school
- Supportive parents
If you need any assistance please email the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference COP/644
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 4th March 2018
Interview Date: Friday 9th March 2018
Copenhagen Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact the school office on 02078375597
If you have problems applying, contact