- Early Years Practitioner
- Local Government (NJC): Scale 4
- Full time, 35 Hours Per Week
- North Islington Nursery School & Children’s Centre 110-112 Tollington Park, N4 3RB
- £22,641 - £24,081 per annum
- 24/02/2019 23:59
Early Years Practitioner
North Islington Nursery School & Children’s Centre 110-112 Tollington Park, N4 3RB 0207 527 4844
Salary Scale: Scale 4 Spinal point 18-21
Salary Range: £22,641 - £24,081 per annum
Hours: 35 Hours Per Week, All year Round (Shift patterns between 8am-6pm) Opportunity for 3.75hrs per week overtime
The children, staff and governors of North Islington Nursery School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Early Years Practitioner, initially in our 2-3 year old toddler room. We are looking for a passionate and creative person to provide outstanding education and care to our lively and inquisitive children.
We can offer:
- A friendly working environment.
- Dedicated and highly skilled staff who help and support each other.
- Opportunities to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- An excellent leadership team to support and guide
- Happy, confident, children who are eager to learn and enjoy being at school
- A committed governing body and supportive parents
The successful applicant will:
- Have a GCSE in English (A-C Grade) and hold and NVQ level 3 qualification
- Hold a recognised Paediatric First Aid Certificate or willing to attend training
- Have proven skills in supporting young children develop and achieve milestones
- Have an excellent understanding of child development and subject knowledge of the EYFS
- Be an effective communicator
- Have high expectations of all children
- Have a very good understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Be a committed and flexible team worker who will be able to work well with others and share ideas
- Be an ambitious person who is keen to develop their own expertise whilst valuing the school’s vision and ethos
Closing date: Sunday 24th February 2019, Midnight
Interview dates: Thursday 28th February 2019
North Islington Nursery School & Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 020 7527 5790