- Apprenticeship LLW
- Laycock Pimary School
- 25/02/2018 23:59
School Administrative Support Apprentice
Salary: £18,615 pro rata
Location: Laycock Primary School, 26 Laycock St, London N1 1AH
Hours : 35hrs per week (9am-5pm), all year round
Are you an enthusiastic person looking for an opportunity to gain valuable office based work experience along with the chance to undertake a qualification at the same time? Are you looking for your first step on the ladder of work where you can learn, develop and gain valuable experience for your future career?
Laycock Primary School are offering a 2 year apprenticeship opportunity for an individual with excellent organisational and communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude to join their administration team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join our busy school office and gain experience in administrative processes within a school/education environment.
The Job - Working as an apprentice at Laycock Primary School you will:
- Provide a welcoming, friendly and professional service acting as first point of contact for visitors and callers to the school, greeting all visitors, maintaining the visitors book and checking ID;
- Assist with incoming and outgoing post;
- Deliver a range of administrative functions such as diary management, photocopying, scanning, filing and responding to requests for information via email, letter and telephone calls;
- Maintain and update records and files through data entry on the schools information management system;
- Provide reprographic services i.e. photocopying, laminating, binding, and cutting etc. in support of teaching, administration and management activities throughout the school;
- Book and coordinate engineer visits as and when required;
- Take responsibility for social media updates on behalf of the school;
- Communicate with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information, between parents and teachers, including phoning parents to ascertain reasons for pupils’ absence;
- Collaborate with the Education Welfare Officer regarding attendance and arranging meetings with families to offer support with their child’s punctuality and attendance;
- Develop professional relationships with your own team and with others who we work alongside and provide services to.
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration funded by Laycock Primary School. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement).
Working at Laycock Primary School
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships, tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your apprenticeship you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the School or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the School and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
This apprenticeship is ideal for a person with excellent teamwork skills, the ability to multi-task and the motivation to contribute new ideas and support their team.
To apply for this role, you must:
- Be a 16+ Islington resident, Islington care leaver or former Islington secondary school student. We encourage applications aged 16-24 however applicants of all ages will be considered.
- Be unemployed/economically inactive (working no more than 14 hours a week).
- Have GCSE qualifications at A to C grade in Maths and English or equivalent or a Level 2 in Business Administration.
- Not currently be qualified in Business Administration at level 3 or above.
If you are excited by this challenging opportunity, please download and submit an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 25th February 2018
Interview: 5th March 2018
Apprenticeship Start Date: 17th April 2018
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk
Laycock Primary School will be holding an informal information session about this role providing you with an opportunity to meet the team, find out more about the role and have a tour of the school on Monday 19th February at 10am. This is an optional session, you do not have to attend in order to apply for this role however if you would like to do so, please contact email@example.com to register for a space.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact the school directly on 020 7226 2927