- After School Club Manager
- Scale 6
- 17.5 Part time
- Tetherdown Primary School, Grand Avenue, Muswell Hill
- £11,295 – 11,995 per annum
- 03/07/2017 12:00
Tel: 020 8883 3412
Fax: 020 8883 3414
After School Club Manager
Required: 1st September 2017
Hours per week: 17.5 hours (39 weeks, term time only) 2.30 – 6.00 pm (with flexibility for occasional overtime)
Scale 6 SP point 26-28
£11,295 – 11,995 per annum
Do you want to work in an excellent school with happy,
fun loving children and a dedicated team of supportive staff?
Do you have the skills to support children’s learning and
their physical & emotional well-being?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic leader with excellent communication skills to manage our After School Club Team. This is an exciting role. We are seeking a dynamic and pro-active individual to create an exciting and stimulating environment as part of our extended services to families.
You will need to be:
• Confident in delivering a sound educational experience for children
• Able to manage and organise after school childcare activities under
the direction of the School’s Leadership Team
• Caring and approachable, yet firm and fair
• Committed to working with children and to providing equality of opportunity
• Able to demonstrate excellent English (written/verbal), numeracy and IT skills
• Well organised with high expectations
• Able to carry out educational activities and work programmes whilst promoting independent learning
• Understanding of the principals of safe practice and educational development in childcare.
The position involves supervising children and providing after school care during term time. You will be required to work with playworkers in developing and delivering a stimulating, child-centred play and activity programme.
You will need to be well-motivated and able to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents and committed to positively supporting children. Knowledge of first aid is an advantage.
Visits to the school are welcome. Please download an application pack from our website http://www.tetherdownschool.org or contact Marie Barber, Business Manager on 0208 883 3412 for further information.
Tetherdown School is committed to safeguarding children. All appointments will be subject to satisfactory background checks, including two references and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 3rd July 2017
Activity: PM Monday 10th July 2017 – Should you be shortlisted you will be required to carry out an activity with children
Interviews: pm Monday 10th July
Successful candidates for interview will be notified by telephone.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).