- Team Manager - Independent Futures
- P05 / P06 £42,651 - £48,234 p.a.
- Full Time 35 hours per week
- 3 Elwood Street
- P05 / P06 £42,651 - £48,234 p.a.
- 25/06/2017 23:59
Islington is looking to recruit an inspirational team manager for our leaving care service, known as Independent Futures. We want someone who also shows strong enthusiasm for supporting innovation in evidenced-based models of practice in child and family social work.
We have high aspirations for our looked after children and care leavers and we want to secure the best possible outcomes for all of them by delivering an outstanding service.
The service supports 324 care leavers and 16plus who are new entrants into care. We are proud of our achievements in supporting young people’s education and employment and are focused on improving these outcomes. We aim to prioritise building meaningful relationships with young people to support their transition into adult life. We take pride in ensuring are children nad young people are “heard” and that we learn from their experiences. We have an active in care council, called CAIS and a committed corporate parenting board.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager for Independent Futures you will need to demonstrate considerable experience as a deputy team manager (or equivalent) level in a statutory social work children and families setting to be considered for this post.
As an experienced practitioner you will be accountable for ensuring the highest professional standards and conduct in safeguarding children. You will:
• Create an environment which enables excellent practice by setting high standards and motivating others to do the same. Demonstrate optimistic behaviour and build positive relationships with children and families and other professionals.
• Lead by example, showing integrity, creativity, resilience and clarity of purpose. Be visible and accessible to all staff, children and families.
• Provide a relentless focus on service delivery, which provides timely advice, guidance and care planning in relation to the decision making and care provision for all care leavers.
The benefits of this post include:
• Excellent opportunities to shape and develop the service • You will be joining a supportive multi agency management group with teams co located which ensure the young people get the best joined up service, including our Camhs, health and Virtual school.
• Partnering with University of Bedfordshire to evaluate practice through impact (quality of practice delivered) and outcomes (difference it makes to the child and family); • Good pension scheme and generous holidays, flexible working arrangements, an experienced management team and a great working location near Arsenal in Islington.
For further information about the role please contact Sara Scholey, Interim Service Manager for Independent Futures on 020 7427 8571
Closing date: Sunday 25 June 2017 at 23:59
MI interviews will take place week commencing the 3rd July
Panel interviews will take place week commencing the 10th July 2017.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 3920