- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- Fixed Term - up to 12 months
- Full time 35 hours per week
- 222 Upper Street, London N1 1XR
- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- 30/10/2018 23:59
Facilities Services Apprenticeship Pathway
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities and a competitive salary.
Our Facilities Services Apprenticeship Pathway consists of a year long opportunity to build on your problem solving and customer service skills, and apply your ‘can-do’ attitude whilst working towards a Facilities Services qualification. Following the initial application process, successful applicants will join the Facilities, Contracts and Repairs team within the Council, where you will work across the buildings managed by the Council.
The Facilities, Contracts and Repairs Team are responsible for maintaining the workplace to meet the needs of our diverse workforce, customers and residents. This is achieved through excellent customer service and the delivery of key activities which are designed to keep the office running efficiently. Working as part of a small, friendly and well respected team, your role will be varied and no two days will be the same.
The Job - Working as a Facilities Services Apprentice for the Council you will:
- Work individually and as part of a small friendly team to ensure the Council’s buildings and facilities operate effectively and efficiently;
- Carry out minor repairs, set up meeting rooms and help with events and presentations, setting up audio visual equipment;
- Respond confidently to emergency requests;
- Ensure facilities and the people who use them are safe and secure, including managing risks and enacting site emergency and evacuation procedures;
- Contribute to the Council’s energy management strategy, including maintenance of heating and air conditioning systems and other environmental management tasks;
- Develop professional relationships with your own team and with others we work alongside and to whom we provide services.
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a level 2 BTEC in Facilities Services funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement) and will provide both practical and theory-based qualifications;
- Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships, tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Facilities Services Pathway is ideal for those who are reliable, adaptable and enthusiastic about providing a quality service.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and an Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
- Not currently be qualified in Facilities Services at level 2 or above
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th October 2018 at 23:59
Assessment Day: Monday 12 November 2018
Apprenticeship Start Date: January 2019
For an informal discussion about apprenticeships at Islington council please contact, Herve Odimba on 020 7527 2177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 020 7527 2948