- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- Fixed term - up to 2 years
- Full time 35 hours per week
- 222 Upper Street, London, N1 1XR and Camden Council, 5 Pancras Square, N1C 4AG
- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- 04/11/2018 23:59
Data Analyst Apprenticeship Pathway
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities and a competitive salary. Our Data Analyst Apprenticeship Pathway consists of a two-year opportunity to build on your problem solving and analytical skills whilst working towards a Data Analyst Level 4 qualification. This apprenticeship pathway would suit those who have an interest in Computer Science or Maths. Data analysts work on information management. They collect and cleanse data and can conduct a range of analytical studies on that data. They report the results of data analysis activities which helps the teams they work in make changes to improve the services that Islington residents use.
There are 2 roles available and following the initial application process, the successful applicant will join either Islington Council’s Children Employment and Skills department or Public Health department.
One role will be part of the knowledge, intelligence and performance team within Public Health. This team provides information and analytics on Public Health across the London Boroughs of Camden, Islington, and Haringey, and on Housing and Adult Social Services for the London Borough of Islington.
The other role will be part of the Data and Performance team in Children Employment and Skills. The team undertakes various statutory reporting, collation of performance data and data analysis.
The Job - Working as a Data Analyst Apprentice for the Council you will:
- Work with experienced officers to collate, analyse, manage, interpret and present data
- Learn about Information management using a variety of tools e.g. excel, access and SQL
- Manipulate and link different data sets
- Collect and compile data from a wide range of sources
- Assist with data quality checking and cleansing
- Perform database queries to extract data for analysis
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Assist with the production of data used in reports and presentation e.g. bar graphs, pie charts
- Develop professional relationships with your own team and with others who we work alongside and provide services to
- Build on your existing communication skills, gain invaluable experience and build your self-confidence through your day-to-day workplace activities.
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a Level 4 Data Science Associate qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement)
- Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Data Analyst Pathway is ideal for people with excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and a willingness to learn.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and an Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
- Hold 5 GCSE’s or an equivalent qualification at grade C or above, including Maths and English
- Hold 2 A Levels or an equivalent level 3 qualification.
Closing Date: Sunday 4th November 2018 at 23:59
Assessment Day: Tuesday 13th November 2018
Start Date: January 2019
For an informal discussion about apprenticeships at Islington council please contact, Herve Odimba on 020 7527 2177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 4689