- S02 £32,592 - £34,299 p.a.
- Full time 35 hours per week
- 7 Newington Barrow Way, London N7 7EP
- S02 £32,592 - £34,299 p.a.
- 24/06/2018 23:59
Exciting opportunity within Islington Council for experienced taxbase officers and revenues inspectors/investigators.
Islington is continually looking to maximise their taxbase in relation to Council Tax and Business Rates and in doing so are expanding their pool of taxbase investigators. The successful applicants will work on a permanent 35 hours per week basis subject to an initial 6-month probation period.
The main purpose of the job is as follows:
- To conduct investigations/inspections for Council Tax and National Non Domestic Rates purposes.
- To provide forecasting information to assist the authority in the compilation of the Tax Base Report.
- To assist with the review of exemptions, discounts and reliefs within the agreed timescales.
- To work as part of a team to achieve or exceed targets for maximising the Councils taxbase.
- To liaise with other staff, sections, departments, external organisations/companies and members of the public.
- Assist with work relating to Valuation Tribunals and assist with the preparation of court documents.
- To update system records ensuring data is accurate and factual.
We are looking to recruit exceptional people with Council Tax and National Non Domestic Rates experience, in particular in the field of inspections, investigations and taxbase maximisation; ideally with GCSE or equivalent in maths and English. We are looking for people with the following attributes:
- Confident and resilient
- Capable of thinking laterally and proactively.
- Persuasive, persistent, self-motivated, flexible and organised.
- Good communicators, hard working and a good team players
- Professional with excellent customer care skills
- Able to handle each case in the correct manner and have the ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Able to learn quickly and to work to deadlines.
All of our officers must undertake a standard DBS check. They must also be able to use a wide range of IT packages.
Closing date: Sunday 24th June 2018 at 23:59
Interview date: Week commencing 16th July 2018
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Lee Wright, Taxbase Maximisation Team Manager on 0207 527 8484
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 4439