- Housing & Adult Social Services
- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- Fixed term - up to 18 months
- Full time 35 hours per week
- Holland Walk Area Housing Office, 85-88 Holland Walk, N19 3XS
- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- 22/07/2018 23:59
Customer Service Support Apprenticeship Pathway
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities, and a competitive salary.
Our Customer Service Apprenticeship Pathway consists of an 18-month opportunity to build on your problem solving and customer care skills, and apply your ‘can-do’ attitude whilst working towards a Customer Service qualification. Following the initial application process, the successful applicant will join Islington Council’s Holland Walk Area Housing Office to experience working alongside the Customer Services Team. where you will work to deliver the Council’s corporate customer care standards. Working as part of a friendly and well respected team, your role will be varied and rewarding.
The Job - Working as a Customer Service Apprentice for the Council you will:
- Work individually and as part of a team to respond to customer’s requests effectively and efficiently;
- Liaise with customers directly via the phone, in writing or in person, as a friendly and knowledgeable representative of the Council
- Learn key office and administration skills to ensure the smooth functioning of the team’
- Using your knowledge and understanding of the Council’s policies and procedures to respond to requests;
- Ensure customer’s needs are met quickly, confidently and positively;
- Use problem-solving skills to provide advice and support to customer’s issues and concerns;
- Develop strong professional relationships with your own team and with others we work alongside and to whom we provide services.
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a level 2 qualification in Customer Services funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement) and will provide both practical and theory-based qualifications;
- Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships, tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Customer Services Pathway is ideal for those who enjoy helping others and are passionate about good customer service.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and an Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
- You must not currently be qualified in Customer Services at level 2 or above.
Closing Date: Sunday 22nd July 2018 at 23:59
Assessment Day: Thursday 9th August 2018
Apprenticeship Start Date: September 2018
For an informal discussion about apprenticeships at Islington council please contact, Andrew Challis on 020 7527 2607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 3779