- Environment and Regeneration
- P03/P04 + Standby Allowance
- Full time 35 hours per week
- 222 Upper Street
- P03/P04 £36,912 - £42,651 p.a. + £175 per month standby allowance
- 28/06/2017 23:59
Emergency Planning Officer
P03/P04 £36,912 - £42,651 p.a. + £175 per month standby allowance
We are looking for an individual with experience in emergency planning or business continuity to assist the council discharge its Civil Contingencies Act 2008 duties as a category 1 responder.
You will need to possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of partners, including the emergency services and voluntary sector.
You will be involved in:
• reviewing and updating our emergency response plans to ensure that they reflect national and regional requirements
• providing on-going support and training to our Local Authority Liaison officers and crisis response volunteers
• maintaining links with the category 1 and 2 responders such as the police, fire brigade, ambulance service and NHS commissioning board
• representing the team at various internal and external meetings
• organising and supporting the Borough Emergency Resilience Forum
• co-ordinating of the council’s response to an incident
• working outside normal office hours as part of our crisis management response team.
You will regularly be ‘on call’ to coordinate the council’s response to an incident and you must have the ability to attend the scene of an incident or other location in the borough with 60 minutes of call out.
Closing date: Wednesday 28 June 2017 at 23:59
Interview and test date: Week commencing Monday 17 July 2017
For an informal discussion about the post, please telephone Janice Gibbons – Service Manager on 020 7527 3212.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact