- Children Employment and Skills
- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- Fixed Term 2 Years
- Full time 35 hours per week
- 222 Upper Street, London N1 1XR
- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- 06/05/2018 23:59
Events and Marketing Apprenticeship Pathway
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities and a competitive salary.
Our Events and Marketing Apprenticeship Pathway consists of a two-year opportunity to build on your organisational and communication skills and apply your ‘can-do’ attitude whilst working towards an Event Assistant apprenticeship qualification. Following the initial application process, the successful applicant will join the Children, Employment and Skills Department at Islington Council.
The Job - Working as an Events and Marketing Apprentice for the Council you will:
- Support with organising and delivering a range of community and business events;
- Gather facts and collate information to create an event brief;
- Research and book venues, organise logistics and catering;
- Carry out a variety of daily and weekly tasks to plan and prepare for events;
- Use a range of social media platforms to promote events;
- Contribute to presentations for events;
- Maintain and update spreadsheets of attendance for events;
- Produce work with strong attention to detail;
- Use initiative when faced with problems or challenges, and be flexible to the needs of the event;
- Develop professional relationships with your own team and with others who we work alongside and provide services to.
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a Level 3 Events Assistant Apprenticeship qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace.
- Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships, tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Events and Marketing Pathway is ideal for people with excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task and the motivation to contribute ideas and support their team.
To apply for this pathway, you must:
- Be a 16+ Islington resident, Islington care leaver or former Islington secondary school student. We encourage applications aged 16-24 however applicants of all ages will be considered.
- Be unemployed/economically inactive (working no more than 16 hours a week).
- Not currently be qualified in Events Management or hold an events related qualification at level 3 or above.
Closing Date: Sunday 6 May 2018 at 23:59
Assessment Day: Week commencing 28 May 2018
Apprenticeship Start Date: September 2018
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 4689