- Children Employment and Skills
- P04, £40,653 to £43,503 p.a. pro rata plus up to 4 increments
- Part time, 17.5 hours per week
- 222 Upper Street, London N1 1XR
- P04, £40,653 to £43,503 p.a. pro rata
- 23/12/2018 23:59
Senior Social Worker - Emergency Duty Team
Opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) as a part time worker.
The EDT is looking for a senior social worker to take on a part senior social worker (0.5 fte) role within the main team. The successful candidate will join a small team that provides emergency cover for people with social work and social care needs in Islington out of hours.
Support and training will be available, but because of nature of the post, ideally the applicant will be someone who is:
• a Mental Health Act Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) who is familiar with local resources and systems
• confident in dealing with child protection issues,
• experienced in assessing children in need and able to make accurate judgements about issues of Local Authority accommodation
• has substantial post qualification experience and if possible has experience of working in an emergency duty team
• Capable of working effectively with staff from partner agencies to ensure the safety and well-being of service users, and carers.
• Is comfortable and confident about working alone under pressure, and is effective at risk assessment and prioritisation of work.
The successful candidate will operate over a four week recurring rota. Most work is at night, but some weekend work is necessary. Staff need to be able to work from home and therefore must live within a reasonable distance from the Borough.
Additional support & training will be available to enable experienced staff from other specialisms to develop confidence in less familiar areas of practice.
Closing date: Sunday 23rd December 2018 at 23:59
Interview and test date: Week commencing 14th January 2018
For further information, please contact Claire Barcham, Team Manager, on 07825098263 or email: Claire.Barcham@Islington.gov.uk
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 3920