- Children Employment and Skills
- Scale 6 £27,402 - £29,010 p.a.
- Full time 35 hours per week
- Bright Start Islington - South
- Scale 6 £27,402 - £29,010 p.a.
- 24/06/2018 23:59
An opportunity has arisen to join a vibrant new service within Islington Children Centre Services, Bright Start Islington.
Bright Start Islington offers lots of activities and services for under-fives and their families, including health visiting, stay and plays, and help to find work. We work with children and families every step of the way – from pregnancy until a child is five. We offer lots of fun activities to help mums and dads bond with their babies, such as baby massage, toy libraries and baby bounce, and we work closely with health visiting, breastfeeding and family support. As children grow they need lots of opportunities to play and explore as they become more independent and develop their skills. Friendship and support networks help parents to manage the daily challenges. Bright Start Islington provides high quality activities during these years. We also help parents who are starting to think about preparing for work.
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Family Engagement Worker(sc6) to join our Bright Start Islington - South Area.
You will have:
• Minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Advice, Social Care, Supporting Parents, Early Years, Health, Education or Community Work
• Experience of engaging families, including working with the most vulnerable families and those considered hard to reach including BME
• Ability to co-ordinate parent engagement activities including volunteering opportunities
• Communication and interpersonal skills which motivate and support parents and families, fostering trust, confidence and resilience, whilst maintaining appropriate boundaries.
• Secure knowledge of early childhood development and the importance of early identification and intervention including the range of factors that can inhibit children’s learning and development
The post holder will be based across Bright Start Islington South Locality Area and promote and provide a range of outreach activities and initiatives within the locality aimed at engaging families in early childhood services, particularly those who may be considered hard to reach.
The post holder will be required to travel across different sites to deliver services.
The post will be managed by the Early Childhood Coordinator for the locality area.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Ruth Cookson (Early Childhood Coordinator) on 07825098422, David Norman (Early Childhood Coordinator) 07712543088
Bright Start Islington is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; all posts are subject to a satisfactory DBS checks.
Closing date: Sunday 24 June 2018 at 23:59
Interview and test date: 9 & 10 July 2018
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 4689