- Children Employment and Skills
- SCP 32 - 41 £31,953 - £39,855 p.a.
- Full time 35 hours per week
- 3 Elwood Street, London N5 1EB
- SCP 32 - 41 £31,953 - £39,855 p.a.
- 03/06/2018 23:59
Social Worker – Children Looked After
Children Looked After Service:
The CLA Service in Islington is responsible for a wide range of work including, care proceedings; permanency planning; preparing children for permanency; direct work with children including lifestory work; children in need work, where children have ceased to be Looked After and where siblings are Looked After; and long term work with looked after children.
Islington is looking to recruit enthusiastic and talented social workers to our Children Looked After Service who are interested professional development opportunities offered under the Doing What Counts and Measuring What Matters.
What is the Doing What Counts and Measuring What Matters project?
Islington’s Doing What Counts and Measuring What Matters project is working towards building a gold standard service for children and families in Islington. Islington have listened to children and families and Social Workers to develop a vision for change:
- Protected caseloads and reduced bureaucracy will allow more intensive work with families, more frequent visits and the opportunity build transformative relationships and undertaken more direct work,
- A specially designed core training package to deliver goal based interventions, use evidenced based tools, develop reflective and thoughtful risk assessment, and to measure progress,
- Availability of an intensive multi-disciplinary service to enhance social work intervention where the concerns for the child are high risk,
- Social workers will receive regular reflective supervision and practice development opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the intervention.
This project is currently being rolled out across the Children Looked After service. This means that there are exciting opportunities for experienced Social Workers to join a well-resourced and stable service, using an innovative new approach to Social Work.
As a Qualified Social Worker you will bring experience of assessing risk and making plans to safeguard children. You will be accustomed to employing social work principles such as dignity, respect, empathy, and a strength based, collaborative approach to service delivery.
There is a wide range of benefits available to permanent staff, including: Retention bonus, Zone 1-2 Travel card, key, flexible working arrangements, protected case loads, specially designed core training package, professional development opportunities, regular reflective supervision, practice evaluation, up to two additional increments for practice teaching or post-qualifying awards, good pension scheme and generous holidays, an experienced management team, and a great working location close with excellent public transport links.
For further information on Islington Children’s Services and Social Care please follow link below:
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd June 2018 at 23:59
Motivation Interview Dates: 18th and 20th June 2018
Those candidates who are successful following the motivation Interview will be invited back for a panel interview on the 25th and 26th June 2018
For an informal discussion please contact Richard Ganderton on 0207 527 7222
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact