- Children Employment and Skills
- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- Fixed Term - 2 Years - All Year Round
- Full time 35 hours per week
- Bright Start Islington Centres
- Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
- 29/04/2018 23:59
Bright Start Childcare Apprentice
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality apprenticeship pathways and Bright Start South, East and West are offering an exciting apprenticeship opportunity that combines working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities and a competitive salary.
Our Bright Start Childcare Apprenticeship consists of a 2 year exciting opportunity working within Bright Start Islington, where you will help to ensure every child has the best start in life. Alongside your work, you will study to achieve a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. There are 3 roles available and the successful applicants will work across Children’s Centres located within their designated areas.
The Job - Working as a Bright Start Childcare Apprentice you will:
- Provide stimulating learning activities across all areas of the Early Years curriculum for parents and children from birth to five years;
- Assist in observation and assessment of children’s progress, evaluating provision to ensure it is of a high quality;
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for children and parents, ensuring the cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment;
- Work as part of a team, supporting the early childhood practitioners;
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Take part in delivering an integrated service alongside other professionals working with some of the councils most vulnerable families;
- Build strong relationships with your own team, parents and other specialists;
- Build on your existing communication skills, gain invaluable experience and build your self-confidence through your day-to-day workplace activities;
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a level 3 Early Years Educator qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks and observations in the workplace;
- Join the Apprenticeship personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council.
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships, tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your apprenticeship you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within Bright Start, Children’s Centre nurseries or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the service and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
This apprenticeship is ideal for people who have excellent communication skills, a ‘can-do’ attitude and are passionate about children’s wellbeing.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and an Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
- You must not currently be qualified in Early Years Educator at level 3 or above.
We encourage applications aged 16-24 however applicants of all ages will be considered.
Closing Date: Sunday 29th April 2018 at 23;59
Interview Date: week commencing 14th May 2018
Apprenticeship Start Date: Summer 2018
Islington Council will be holding an informal information session about these roles on Monday 9th April at 10.30am at Moreland Children’s Centre. This is an optional session, you do not have to attend in order to apply for this role however if you would like to do so, please contact The Youth Employment Team on 020 7527 3559 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a space.
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 527 4689