Virtual School Education Advisor – children with a social worker
Salary SCP Range: 29 – 32 (£35,496 - £38,385 per annum pro-rata)
- Virtual School Education Advisor– children with a social worker
- Salary SCP Range: 29 – 32 (£35,496 - £38,385 per annum pro-rata)
- 12 months (Part-Time (21.6 Hours) 1 Year Fixed Term Contract - All Year Round)
- Part time - 21.6 hours per week
- BELS, 2 Bristol Avenue Colindale NW9 4EW London, UK
- Islington, London
- £35,496 - £38,385 per annum pro-rata; Actual Salary: £21,297 - £23,031 per annum
- 17/08/2022 11:00
Barnet Education & Learning Service (BELS) is the employer.
BELS is a local authority controlled company which is responsible for providing the Council's Education & Skills service to Barnet schools.
Virtual School Education Advisor
Contract Type: Part-Time (21.6 Hours) 1 Year Fixed Term Contract - All Year Round
Salary SCP Range: 29 – 32; £35,496 - £38,385 per annum pro-rata
Actual Salary: £21,297 - £23,031
Expected Start date: September 2022
Barnet Virtual School works closely with Social Care and schools to champion the education of all children with a social worker. We have an exciting opportunity to join our team to provide strategic support to professionals working with children with a social worker. This role involves supporting others rather than working directly with children so having good communication skills and an understanding of educational settings is key.
The Education Advisor will work with our Senior Education lead to:
- Liaise with social care and school colleagues as well as other stakeholders to ensure education is a key priority for children with a social worker
- Provide training, advice, support and challenge to schools and other professionals
- Analyse patterns of attendance, attainment etc and identify strategic support for key groups
- Be aspirational for the educational attainment, outcomes, and experiences for all children with a social worker
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working within an education setting
- An understanding of education and school data and outcomes
- Experience of multiagency working
- Strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to form good relationships
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to deal with complex matters efficiently and to tight deadlines and to prioritise plan and organise their own workload
As well as this, we are looking for someone who is calm, warm, and approachable with a good sense of humour and the ability to be flexible in the face of a changing workload!
Please note this is not a remote working role. As well as home working, there will be office-based work and visits to schools.
To a arrange a time for an informal discussion about this post please contact: Sarah Deale, Head teacher email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 17th August 2022 11.00a.m.
Interview date: 23rd August 2022
Successful candidates will be notified of interview times. Previous applicants need not apply.
Barnet Education and Learning Service are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. In addition, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations, the successful applicant will be required to declare.
We value diversity.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sarah Deale
- Job title
- Email address