- Aspiring Teachers
- Teaching: Leadership-Gp4
- 30 hours per week
- Newington Green, Mildmay Ward, London
- £16,133.44 - £17,464.95 per annum
- 04/07/2017 23:59
Salary Grade Range: Scale 4, Spine Points 18-21 Actual Salary range: £16,133.44 - £17,464.95 per annum
Contractual status: Term time only, fixed term Hours: 30 hours per week, 9:00am to 15:30pm Required for September 2017
Additional hours for before and after school provision/clubs can be enquired about.
The Headteacher and Governors at Newington Green Primary School would like to appoint Aspiring Teachers for September 2017.
We are looking for aspiring teachers who wish to gain professional experience through Teaching Assistant roles. We have designed a specialist professional development programme (please see information in our advert pack) to ensure you get the professional development you need to be successful in teaching applications and your future career.
Please see Job description and Person Specification below, and also reasons why staff work at our school. Core hours are 9.00-3.30, Term time. The role also includes lunchtime supervision.
As a school we are committed to supporting Teaching Assistant’s professional development. We have a strong track record of supporting our Teaching Assistant staff into future chosen career paths including Teaching, Educational Psychology, Subject Specialisms, Clinical Psychology, SEN specialists, and further study e.g. Masters and PHDs.
The role of teaching assistant will have a major impact on the quality of Teaching and Learning. We are looking for someone who can:
1. Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting.
2. Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the HLTA/Assistant Headteacher /Class Teachers to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
3. Under the guidance of AHT/HLTA, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
4. At the direction of Class Teachers/HLTA, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
5. Support and deliver the programmes for teaching literacy and numeracy and assist pupils to access the full curriculum. Be familiar with lesson plans, pupil targets and learning objectives.
6. Observe pupils' performance, and using the systems in place in the school/class provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress in relation to provision.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged please contact the school office to arrange a time on 0207 254 3092.
Closing date : Midnight, Tuesday 4th July 17 – shortlisted candidate will be contacted in the afternoon
Interview date: Monday 10th and 11th July 17
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk following the jobs link. If you need assistance please email us at email@example.com quoting reference NG/498.
Newington Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare( Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 020 7527 5669